List of PGWP Eligible Institutions in Canada:
Do you want to study in a PGWP-eligible institute in Canada? Then this blog post is all you need because, in this blog post, you’ll find a list of PGWP-eligible DLIs in Canada.
Canada is undoubtedly one of the most popular study abroad destinations in the world. The country welcomed nearly half a million new international students just last year.
A lot of international students choose Canada as their study location because of the job opportunities available to Canadians and international students alike.
However, in order to work in Canada, you’ll have to pass through the Canadian Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) program.
PGWP is an open work permit that allows students who have graduated from Canadian DLIs (ie., Designated Learning Institutions) to gain valuable work experience in the country. But what most international students don’t know is, that not all DLIs and programs of study make them eligible for the PGWP program.
As a result, some international students may have to change their university or programs which often costs them more in the long run and others might have no option but to their respective home countries after they must have completed their degree missing out on some Canadian work experience.
Are all DLI eligible for PGWP?
PGWP is short for Post Graduate Work Permit. This open work permit allows international students who have graduated from eligible Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) to acquire valuable work experience in Canada.
So are all DLIs eligible for the PGWP programs? The answer is no. While you can be eligible for the PGWP program when you enroll into a Canadian DLI, note that not all DLIs and not all programs are eligible for the PGWP.
Before we look at the list of PGWP-eligible DLIs in Canada let’s first discuss the eligibility for the Canadian PGWP.
Canadian PGWP eligibility
According to the Canadian government’s website, students can only receive one Canadian PGWP in their lifetime.
To obtain a PGWP in Canada, the applicant must:
- Must have left Canada or currently hold a valid temporary status.
- Must have graduated from an eligible DLI.
- Must have completed a professional, vocational, or academic program at an eligible institution in Canada that’s at least 8 months long and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Must have maintained full-time status in Canada during each academic session of the programs or program of study they have completed and submitted during their PGWP application.
- Must have received an official letter and transcript from an eligible DLI confirming that they have met the requirements needed to complete their program of study.
Within 180 days of the date of applying for the PGWP permit, applicants must of the following requirements:
- Hold a valid study permit.
List of PGWP-eligible DLIs in Canada
- Absolute Aviation
- Adventure Aviation
- Alberta Bible College
- Alberta University of the Arts
- Ambrose University
- Athabasca University
- Bow Valley College
- Burman University
- CFI Flight Academy
- Calgary Flying Club
- Canadian Baptist Theological Seminary and College
- Centennial Flight Centre, inc
Also Read Best Universities in Norway That Uses English Language for Teaching
- Air Andrew Ltd.
- Assiniboine Community College
- Booth University College
- Brandon Flying Club
- Brandon University
- Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Studies
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Harv’s Air Service
- LS Airways Flight Academy
- Louis Riel School Division Arts and Technology Centre
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
- Mountain City Aviation
- Providence University College and Theological Seminary
- Red River College Polytechnic
- Collègecommunautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB)
- Crandall University
- Kingswood University
- Maritime College of Forest Technology / Collège de TechnologieForestière des Maritimes
- Moncton Flight College
- Mount Allison University
- New Brunswick Bible Institute Inc.
- New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
- Stephen’s University
- Thomas University
- Université de Moncton
- University of New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Centre for Nursing Studies
- College of the North Atlantic
- Gander Flight Training (Exploits Valley Air Service)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Queen’s College
- Western Regional School of Nursing
- Aurora College
- Acadia University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- NSCAD University (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design)
- Nova Scotia Community College
- Saint Mary’s University
- Francis Xavier University
- The Language Centre at Saint Mary’s University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of King’s College
HND “Top-Up” Degree in Canada Universities
- Adler Graduate Professional School
- Algoma University
- Algonquin College
- Algonquin College at CDI College Business, Technology and Healthcare
- Brampton Flight Centre
- Brescia University College
- Brock University
- Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Canada Christian College & School of Graduate Theological Studies
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Canadian Forces College
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC)
- Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary
- Canadore College
- Carleton University
- Centennial College
- Concordia Lutheran Theological Seminary (Brock University)
- Conestoga College
- Confederation College
Prince Edward Island
- Collège de l’Île
- Holland College
- Maritime Christian College
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Briercrest College and Seminary
- Collège Mathieu
- College of Emmanuel and St Chad
- Cumberland College
- Great Plains College
- Horizon College and Seminary Inc.
- Lutheran Theological Seminary
- Millennium Aviation
- Mitchinson Flying Service
- North West College
- Parkland College
- Regina Flying Club
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Southeast College
- Andrew’s College
- Peter’s College
- University of Regina, including Campion College, First Nations University of Canada and Luther College
- University of Saskatchewan, including St. Thomas More College